Drapers Windmill is a 19th Kentish Smock mill. Built in 1845 by master millwright, John Holman of Canterbury. Worked by wind until 1916 and the by gas engine. The mill became derelict and was saved from demolition by Drapers Windmill Trust. The Trust restored the mill to working order.
The windmill is owned by Kent County Council and managed by volunteers of the Trust. There are free guided tours to explain the history and workings of the mill.
Drapers is in walking distance of Margate Old Town and is an ideal stopping place on the Dickens to Turn Walk.
Open Sundays June, July August 2pm - 4pm.
Visits at other times can be arranged by appointment