I Want To See: Lucianna Whittle
12 May 2017 - 16 May 2017
Since her sell out show in 2012, Lucianna has been quietly working to produce the body of paintings for ‘I want to see’, the exhibition that marks her return to the public gallery setting after a deep exploration into her personal artistic practice.
Rooted in the spiritual interplay of darkness with light, Lucianna’s paintings are challenging, uplifting and universal. To be confronted by paintings of this scale (think up to 2m) can feel disconcerting before the careful balance of colour and light reveal a softness and sense of opening, that can elevate the viewer. Come prepared to be moved: the effect of these paintings may just stay with you.
Background of Artist:
* BA Fine Art, Bath Spa University, 2001
* MA Cultural & Critical Theory, University of Brighton, 2003
* Finalist in National Open Art Competition
* Finalist in Brighton Festival Fringe Visual Arts Prize
* Exhibited in Brighton, Bath, London, Chichester
* Former tour guide at Royal Academy