The Grange and St Edward's Presbytery Open Day
15 Jun 2018 - 18 Jun 2018
We will be opening both The Grange and St Edward's Presbytery in Ramsgate in association with the Ramsgate Royal Harbour History Festival
The Grange was built by Augustus Pugin in 1845 and remained in the family until 1928. The building reflects Pugin's belief in the Gothic style as the only true Christian architecture and his ideal to live out his life in the Middle Ages. Pugin produced some of his finest work at The Grange including designs for the House of Lords.
St Edward’s Presbytery which was built by Augustus Welby Pugin in 1850, part of this great architect’s original conception for this important Gothic revival site on the West Cliffs.