Know Before You Go
As businesses reopen and you look forward to being able to explore places again following Government restrictions easing, we’re keen to help you ‘Know Before You Go’, so that you have the best experience possible, with what is available for you to discover and enjoy.
To ensure you have a great time, please plan ahead, book in advance where necessary, check what’s open and what you can do, as well as the best options to travel. Whilst you’re enjoying your visit to Margate, Broadstairs and Ramsgate, please also remember to Respect and Protect our coastline. Find out about the latest beach advice.
Know Before You Go - get the most from your visit and help avoid disappointment by planning ahead. This includes pre-booking your accommodation and checking if you need to pre-book restaurants, attractions and any activities you are hoping to do direct with the businesses’ own website.
1. Plan ahead: We strongly recommend that you plan ahead, researching before leaving home, including pre-booking your accommodation, visits to attractions and activities you hope to do.
2. Contact businesses: Not all businesses will be open and some have altered their opening times. We recommend that you check businesses' own website or contact businesses directly to check their opening times and COVID Secure visiting arrangements.
3. Attractions: To avoid disappointments, attractions may have introduced online pre-bookable tickets and timed visits to manage numbers. There is a risk that if you visit without pre-booking that you may not be able to visit
4. Restaurants: Many eateries will require you to make an advance online reservation and require your contact details. A number of venues are operating temporary takeaway/delivery options
5. Payment: Where possible it is asked for contactless payment to be made. If you wish to pay with cash it’s advisable to check with the business before your purchase.
6. Public Transport: Passengers are asked to wear face masks and to pay contactless