Ramsgate Main Sands
Ramsgate offers a popular long stretch of sandy beach situated right next to the famous Royal Harbour (the only one in the UK) and Marina. With children's amusements, arcades and restaurants offering al fresco dining, the beach area offers something for everyone and has a real continental feel.
There are also kiosks serving hot and cold food & drinks, deck chair and lounger hire, and toilets.
- Seaside Award 2021
- Seasonal Lifeguards: RNLI Lifeguard cover from 10am-6pm, Saturday 29th May - Thursday 8th July Weekends and Bank Holidays only; Daily from Friday 9th July - 5th September.
- Toilets: Open daily from Monday 29th March at East Pier Yard (adjacent Harbour Arm) and Marina Esplanade (The Bathing Station), unless closed for regular cleaning.
- Disabled toilets
- Disabled access to the beach
- Cliff Lift (closed for 2021)
- Deckchair hire
- No Dogs allowed at any time between 1st May and 30th September.
- Disabled wheelchair available for hire from Kids Corner/Deckchair hut. Contact 07927 477154 for more information
- To find out about accessibility at this beach, please click here
Please remember, if you are visiting our beaches and bays, that some COVID-19 restrictions are still in place. Please 'Respect, Protect and Enjoy' and leave only your footprints.
Beach Check UK App
We want you to have the best experience when visiting our beautiful beaches so we have created a live map which allows you to see how busy they are before you pick your spot.
If you are a regular beach goer, download the Beach Check App to allow you to have the information to hand
Restaurant / Cafe / Tea shop