Ramsgate Main Sands
Ramsgate offers a popular long stretch of sandy beach situated right next to the famous Royal Harbour (the only one in the UK) and Marina. With children's amusements, arcades and restaurants offering al fresco dining, the beach area offers something for everyone and has a real continental feel.
There are also kiosks serving hot and cold food & drinks, deck chair and lounger hire, and toilets.
- Seasonal Lifeguards: RNLI Lifeguard cover from 10am-6pm, Saturday 29th May - Thursday 8th July Weekends and Bank Holidays only; Daily from Friday 9th July - 5th September.
- Toilets: Open daily from Monday 29th March at East Pier Yard (adjacent Harbour Arm) and Marina Esplanade (The Bathing Station), unless closed for regular cleaning.
- Disabled toilets
- Disabled access to the beach
- Cliff Lift (closed for 2021)
- Deckchair hire
- No Dogs allowed at any time between 1st May and 30th September.
Please remember, if you are visiting our beaches and bays, that some COVID-19 restrictions are still in place. Please 'Respect, Protect and Enjoy' and leave only your footprints.
Seaside Award 2021
To find out about accessibility at this beach, please click here
Restaurant / Cafe / Tea shop