Viking Coastal Trail
The Viking Coastal Trail is one of the most attractive circular leisure cycle routes in Kent, covering 32 miles (51.4km), taking in the coast of Margate, Broadstairs and Ramsgate before heading inland through the surrounding villages.
Family friendly cycling on level, traffic free promenades and broad sea walls, or along leisurely country lanes.
Divide the trail up into manageable sections and you’ll find a variety of fantastic days out.
Along the route of the Viking Coastal Trail there are plenty of places to stop for a rest to enjoy a drink or meal. If you are in Ramsgate look out for information on Active Ramsgate
For a copy of the route and leaflet supporting the route please click here
A copy of the leaflet can be picked up from Visitor Information Centres in the area
The route is also known as the Regional Cycle Network 15 and well signed throughout with the trail logo
- Harbour Bikes Cycle Hire - Arch 20, Military Road, Ramsgate 01843 585060 www.harbourbikes.co.uk
- Ride The Bike Shed - 71 Canterbury Road, Margate or Margate Train Station 01843 228866 www.thebikeshedkent.co.uk
- Ken's Bikes: 26 Eaton Road, Margate CT9 1XA 01843 221422 www.kensbikes.co.uk
- VCT Bike Hire - The Parade, Minnis Bay 01843 843309/07818 828862
- Wheelability - Fully accessible bikes for disabled and non-disabled people. Minnis Bay Car Park, The Parade, Minnis Bay, CT7 9QP 0333 366 0834 http://yourleisure.uk.com/wheelability/
*At any time of year between the hours of sunrise and sunset, and from 1st May to 30th September inclusive between the hours of 10am and 6pm, a person shall not ride any cycle on any of the promenades where localised signage requires you to dismount. You must adhere to the signs which vary around the coast. This is for the purposes of health and safety in busy areas*