Cinemas and Theatres
Our wide range of venues host diverse events, including traditional pantomimes, live music, theatre, films, and festival events...
Thanet's different types of cinema allow you to choose your film-going experience. Watch the latest 3D blockbuster in a large multiplex, or enjoy an art film in a quiet, independent cinema... there is an option to suit everyone.
Westgate, Broadstairs and Ramsgate each have independent and intimate cinemas, while Westwood Cross Shopping Centre has a large multiplex venue.
- Carlton Cinema, Westgate-on-Sea - original cinema with 3 screens
- Palace Cinema, Broadstairs - unique cinema with 111 seats
- Vue Cinema, Westwood Cross - multiplex 10 screen cinema
Our Theatres not only offer a wide range of quality entertainment- they also have a story to tell... Margate is home to three theatres each with their own fascinating history –
- Theatre Royal: Grade II* Listed and dating back to 1787, this is the country’s second oldest working theatre.
- Tom Thumb Theatre: one of the smallest, a converted Victorian coach house with only 50 seats.
- The Winter Gardens: Over 100 years old, this iconic venue has played host to many famous entertainers, big band names, and comedians. The Beatles performed here for six consecutive nights.
With the only Summer Rep season in Kent, and patrons Dame Judi Dench, David Suchet CBE, and Julian Fellowes DL, Broadstairs' Sarah Thorne Theatre presents plays, music and theatre performances by local and national groups.
These local theatres provide a diverse range of entertainments, from local amateur productions to national and international tours as well as popular music concerts.
Click on the map pin to find out more about our cinemas and theatres.