Margate Main Sands
Margate, the original seaside destination, home to Turner Contemporary and Dreamland has a popular wide sandy bay - Margate Main Sands
This timeless beach with tidal pool, children's rides and amusement arcades caters for families who want traditional seaside fun and entertainment. Even if the tide is in there is still plenty of beach to make sand castles. Restaurants, bars and seafood stalls are just a short walk away in the Old Town or overlooking the beach.
With JMW Turner stating that Margate has "the loveliest skies in all of Europe" there is nothing better than watching the colours reflect over the bay of an evening.
- Beach shop
- Deck chair and lounger hire
- Toilets (Station end of beach - From Thursday 5th November 8am-4.30pm)
- Seasonal lifeguards (until Sunday 6th September 2020)
- Bay information
- First aid point
- Disabled access to the beach
- Disabled Toilets (Station end of beach)
Dog ban in place from 1st May until 30th September, dogs not permitted any time.
Blue Flag Award 2019 and Seaside Award 2019
Restaurant / Cafe / Tea shop