Margate Main Sands
Margate, the original seaside destination, home to Turner Contemporary and Dreamland has a popular wide sandy bay - Margate Main Sands
This timeless beach with children's rides and amusement arcades caters for families who want traditional seaside fun and entertainment. Even if the tide is in there is still plenty of beach to make sand castles. Restaurants, bars and seafood stalls are just a short walk away in the Old Town or overlooking the beach.
With JMW Turner stating that Margate has "the loveliest skies in all of Europe" there is nothing better than watching the colours reflect over the bay of an evening.
- Seasonal Toilets: Open from Monday 29th March (closed at times for cleaning)... Station end of beach & portaloos next to Marine Gardens
- Seasonal Lifeguards: RNLI daily Lifeguard cover from Saturday 29th May - Sunday 5th September 10am-6pm
- Beach shop
- Deck chair and lounger hire - Deckchair for day £3, Lounger £4, Windbreak/Umbrella £4
- Bay information
- First aid point
- Disabled access to the beach
- Disabled Toilets (Station end of beach)
Dog ban in place from 1st May until 30th September, dogs not permitted any time.
In an emergency, call 999 for the Coastguard.
Please remember, if you are visiting our beaches and bays, that some COVID-19 restrictions are still in place.
Please 'Respect, Protect and Enjoy' and leave only your footprints.
Blue Flag Award 2021
Restaurant / Cafe / Tea shop