Thanet Coast Project
Our coastline represents 20% of the UK's and 12% of Europe's coastal chalk, and it is the longest continuous stretch of coastal chalk in Britain. It is covered by numerous nature conservation designations and is a significant part of the ‘North East Kent Marine Protected Area. The Thanet Coast Project helps to raise awareness of our unique coastline and the marine and bird life associated with it in a way that is great fun for all.
There is a series of events throughout the year including Scavenger Hunts and Seashore Safaris. Educational excursions by groups can book the Thanet Coast project to help run activities to develop skills for conservation and interpretation relating to the wildlife and natural features of the Thanet Coast.
2021 Event Programme
- Seaweed & their Secrets - Wednesday 7th July, Wednesday 4th August and Wednesday 1st September
- Smuggler's Trail: Geology of the Thanet Coast - Friday 16th July, Wednesday 11th August and Monday 13th September
- Marine Life and Rockpooling on the Thanet Coast - Wednesday 21st July - Tuesday 3rd August
- Seashore Safaris - Tuesday 27th - Saturday 31st July, Thursday 12th - Saturday 14th August and Wednesday 25th - Friday 27th August
- Great British Beach Clean - Saturday 18th September
For event programme and to book visit the Thanet Coast Project website
See individual event for details
Adults: Free - £3
Children: Free - £3