A surfer's paradise, Joss Bay is a popular 200 metre long bay, best known as Thanet's best surfing beach. It is surrounded by fields and a golf course, so offers a wide expanse of sand and carefree play.
There is plenty of exposed sand when the tide is in, but take care walking, as the beach will get cut off at both ends at high tide.
- Seaside Award 2021
- Toilets (Seasonal): Open from Monday 29th March (except when closed for cleaning).
- Seasonal Lifeguards: RNLI daily Lifeguard cover from Saturday 29th May - Sunday 5th September, 10am-6pm. During September Weekends only
- Disabled access to the beach
- Kiddies' Corner with bouncy castle and trampolines (seasonal)
- No Dogs are allowed on this beach between 10am - 6pm, from 1st May until 30th September.
- To find out about accessibility at this beach, please click here
Please remember, if you are visiting our beaches and bays, that some COVID-19 restrictions are still in place. Please 'Respect, Protect and Enjoy' and leave only your footprints.
Parking (April – October) 10am and 6pm (Elmwood Avenue on-street) and 7am to 10pm (Joss Bay off-street) £1 per hour, up to a maximum of £5 for all day parking
Beach Check UK App
We want you to have the best experience when visiting our beautiful beaches so we have created a live map which allows you to see how busy they are before you pick your spot.
If you are a regular beach goer, download the Beach Check App to allow you to have the information to hand
Restaurant / Cafe / Tea shop
Joss Bay Surf School
Joss Bay Leisure