This magnificent horseshoe-shaped bay is the main attraction in Broadstairs. This was the holiday destination of choice for Charles Dickens, who even wrote an affectionate piece on the town, Our English Watering Place. The long sandy bay, cliff-top promenade, and boardwalk make this bay a timeless thing of beauty.
The Surf School is open from March to October, offering a range of water sports.
- Seaside Award 2023
- 2023 Seasonal Lifeguards: Daily Saturday 27th May – Sunday 3rd September 10am-6pm
- Toilets (Seasonal)
- First aid point
- Bay information
- Deckchair and beach hut hire
- Beach shops
- Parking: If you can, please travel on foot, by bike, or by public transport. If you do use one of our public car parks, you will be advised to make payment over the phone/internet using RingGo. Car park locations can be found here.
- No Dogs allowed at any time from 1st May until 30th September, any time.
- Disabled access, Lift (Seasonal)
- To find out about accessibility at this beach, please click here
Be Beach Safe. This means checking the weather and the tides, keeping an eye on your family, and not using inflatables. In an emergency, call 999 for the Coastguard.
Please remember, if you are visiting our beaches and bays, 'Respect, Protect and Enjoy' and leave only your footprints.