This magnificent horse shoe shaped bay is the main attraction in Broadstairs. The choice holiday destination of Charles Dickens, he even wrote an affectionate piece on the town, Our English Watering Place. The long sandy bay, cliff top promenade and boardwalk make this bay a timeless thing of beauty.
Viking Bay is excellent for the family with tidal pool, children's rides and surf ski/belly boards. The surf school is open from March to October to try out water sports or for the visitors who want to relax there is deck chair and lounger hire available to sit and soak up the sun.
Seasonal lifeguards are on hand to make sure everyone is safe and has fun in the sun. With restaurants, cafes and bars in abundance in the town you won't be short of places for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Toilets (Harbour end From Thursday 5th November 8am-4.55pm)
- Seasonal Lifeguards (until Sunday 6th September 2020)
- Beach shops
- Lift to the beach (seasonal opening April - September. Not in operation during 2020)
- First aid point
- Bay information
- Deckchair hire (seasonal)
- Beach wheelchairs available, further information can be found out by contacting 07432 648275
Dog ban in place from 1st May until 30th September, dogs not permitted any time.
Seaside Award 2019
To find out about accessibility at this beach, please click here
Restaurant / Cafe / Tea shop